Not so long ago I suddenly found myself with a chunk of unrequested free time. Having always been a busy working Mom, I was incapable of sitting still or being unproductive. In between Job searches, volunteering & updating my job skills, I got started on my book App. Up to that point, I’d taken the scenic route to writing because life there was never enough time in any given day. Well the time had come & I seized the opportunity to get started. So how does an unemployed mother of two get published? By getting a lot of help along the way & using all the resources around her.
- Spousal encouragement & support
- My kids as a constant source of material
- Free resources at the Small Business Institute
- Author’s guide to book Apps.
- A community of Authors & mentors at CBI clubhouse.
- My son’s 2nd grade teacher reviewed my first manuscripts.
- Get expert tips from a cousin who’s the social media diva for entertainers.
- Volunteer in the children’s library (great source of Inspiration)
Eight months later, Grendel’s Great Escape is a reality. It’s Inspired by a child with ADHD, for whom every day is an adventure. This interactive story depicts the Show & Tell day’s adventure of Martin and his pet Ferret Grendel. As with many kids, Martin was always putting things of for later, such as cleaning his room, tackling the laundry monster and leashing his Ferret. In this App, kids will join Martin in his race against time to find Grendel while avoiding the grizzly School Principal.
Download Grendel’s Great Escape
– Coming soon to Kindle, Nook & Android Tablets
Find out more at www.bluesandpiper.com
Author’s guide to book Apps www.digitalkidsauthor.com
CBI clubhouse www.cbiclubhouse.com
Social Media for Entertainers www.socialmediaforentertainers.com