We all like free stuff, I know I do! But is anything worth having really free. When visiting the app store everyone bypasses the paid apps & zooms straight to the free app section …. but what are you really getting?
- Annoyingly frequent pop ups; In some apps these are so frequent it’s difficult to get to the game.
- In app purchases; the free-ness $0, is of course a lure to get you to down load & play for a while or read a few pages of a book at which point a purchase must be made to continue.
- External links to other sites selling you even more stuff.
My advise: Get the paid apps, they’re cheaper in the short run with one upfront minimal cost. usually $.99c – & $4.99 If the app’s for a child, then this is definitely your best & safest option as they’re…
1. No Pop ups
2. No ads
3. No third-party prompts to take them to strange uncensored sites.
4. No child begging you to buy points, virtual stuff etc.
Sometimes you’ll get lucky & a paid app will go free or on sale as a promotion. If you like a game or book app, sign up on the developers site to get notified when good apps go free. If you’re still unsure about buying an app, read the reviews listed by other users, go to the developers site to get more info or one of the many app review sites listed below.
Need more info or have anything to add? leave me a comment below, I love comments & questions.